View Single Post
Old 15th October 2005, 21:46   #4  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

Quote:
The idea behind this tools is not bad. I just tried it and it seems like a Gknot alternative or something. However lots of work still has to be done. I'd say it's more like pre-alpha candidate, rather than close to any beta (beta means a working program, that only needs some small tweaking/bugs fixing).
Thanks for the feedback !

Quote:
But it could become a good tool if you keep working on it. One thing I'd like to see added to "Set encoding mode" is "2-pass automatic x264".
There is allready this mode ... I prefere to choose my x264 settings based on source. But i will create some goog preset based on guide !

One note: if you choose 2 pass manual xvid or 2 pass manual x264 or 1 pass manual (or anything with MANUAL word) you must click on configure codec !
As i wrote, the application will ask for codec settings (i can guaranty that all encodings mode are fuctional)

Quote:
I couldn't make the avs input to work, only VOBs, plus it processes only the first VTS_01_1.VOB, not all VOBs (the complete movie) as a sequence.
I know this ! The solution is to rip in one big file or when digindex start indexing ,stop it load all vobs and then save movie.dv2

If you let do rip by program dgindex will process all vobs (of main movie)

Actually isn't possible to load avs, only file that can be processed by dgindex

Quote:
Also It's a bad idea to ask people to enter all possible paths each time they start the program.
This is very very strange ! in the same directory as mkvmagic.exe, first time program is launched a mkvmagic.ini is created with all path ! (i think you delete it..., so the program will ask again paths...)

A big thanks for the feedback !

i will try to solve all problems

BHH
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote