Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 7th October 2013, 07:02   #117  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPascal7 View Post
Here we come to the problem I originally tried to explain to IanB (and failed) - only strong guarantees are good for developers
I understand and agree with you fully. The reason I didn't give a strong guarantee is not because I don't want to introduce one, it is because I'm not sure that it is currently fully fulfilled. I also want a proper alignment guarantee to be there, which is why I'm going to correct any left-over pieces of code that violate this, if any is still found. I think avoiding unaligned crops brings pretty far in Avisynth+, and definetely further than plain Avisynth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboPascal7 View Post
Also, setting up an IRC channel on freenode/rizon or something to speed up the communication process would be nice, I guess (there's already #avisynth on freenode btw).
I gues we could. Actually I am regularly on rizon anyway (and when not, you'll find my bouncer), but because there are more people accustomed to the forums than to IRC, I find a forum a better place for discussions. If we used IRC, many wouldn't be able to follow.