View Single Post
Old 12th December 2009, 18:43   #1293  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgZach View Post
The header editor is a pretty nice tool, although I was wondering if there are other tools out there that might allow batch modifications of specific tags by specific criterea ? I tried messing with the CLI but I ended up feeling overwhelmed real fast and worried I was gonna screw up the file somehow.
Not in that detail, but there's mkvpropedit which is like mmg's header editor just for the command line. And it is as it is with the command line -- there's no tool more powerful if you know how to use it

Quote:
e.g Process 10 files, and set all tracks with tag value of "X" to the default playback track, and any other languages to "not default". It seems I've messed up some of my stuff in the past, would be nice to fix without a remux.
Easily scriptable with a proper shell (e.g. bash), analyzing the output of "mkvmerge --identify ..." and calling mkvpropedit with the appropriate parameters.

Quote:
It may be going by the first audio track it finds - is there a way I can re-assign track numbers without remuxing ?
You can do that with mmg's header editor and with mkvpropedit.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.