View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 08:22   #54705  |  Link
RXP

Thanks j82k for doing the measurements. Feel much happier and more confident that I downgraded.

I used to be a pure dedicated media guy since 2008/09. Prior to the Popcorn Hour I was so frustrated in using a HTPC for media playback. But MadVR's tempted me back into the HTPC game again. And this reminds me why I went to a dedicated player - it's a minefield of compatibility issues. I downgraded to the correct drivers for HDR passthrough but that broke CUDA playback as I was getting macro blocking. Eventually figured out I had to switch to DXVA Copy back but in the middle of a movie which I was looking forward to and never ended up finishing. Instead I shouted at the computer haha. On the positives I fixed the HDR tone mapping on the OLED, got Rec2020 output in SDR for my RS49 though.

I'm planning on creating a "production/live" system which I will use as a dedicated HTPC. I won't apply any software/driver updates to avoid this situation happening again. But I'm sure Win 10 will get very upset and try and install updates behind my back.
RXP is offline   Reply With Quote