Thread: Nero 8?
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2007, 16:41   #5  |  Link
Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediator View Post
The latest Nero 8 package (Nero 8.2) includes an updated version of Recode (version 3).

Recode 3 features alot of usability enhancements, an entirely new SP/ASP encoder with significantly improved encoding quality, support for directly copying AC-3 tracks from different sources to Nero Digital files, support for importing some new filetypes, easy-to-use interlaced encoding (only in selected profiles), very easy handling of non-square pixels, up-to-date profiles for PSP and iPod, files are automatically prepared for Flash-streaming, it does dynamic range compression (configurable) when transcoding AC-3 tracks, lots of bugfixes, and a couple of other things.

Hope you like it...
Your reply is significantly different than that of the other posters, who wrote that there is not much improvement in encoding.

I notice though, that you write Nero 8.2. I thought the latest version was 8.1 something. I just looked at the Nero web site to check, and indeed there is version 8.2.8, just posted today, 12/19. (Funny the .8 at the end, when there has not been a version 8.2 before.) I'm downloading it as we speak, and I guess I'll try it out, as you say it has some real encoding improvements.

Do you work for Nero?

I'd still like to know whether Nero 8 still forcibly installs Nero Scout, etc., and doesn't give the user the choice not to install it. If so, I think that's a big mistake, and is disrespectful of its users. The user should have a choice, in a custom installation, whether or not to install that feature, running in the background all the time.

If so, what is the procedure for disabling it. Do utilities that disabled it in Nero 7, such as Nerofix, also work with Nero 8?
Yo is offline   Reply With Quote