View Single Post
Old 6th September 2013, 15:53   #20032  |  Link
DragonQ

At 23.971 Hz you'd get frame skips every 3 minutes or so (though you may not notice all of them depending on the scene being displayed). You need to create a custom resolution in the nVidia Control Panel to try to improve this, and it's essentially hit or miss as to what settings you need. I think madshi said that the refresh rate displayed by MadVR is approximate and not necessarily correct to 3 decimal places anyway so this causes more problems. I might be wrong on this though, hopefully he can clarify. Obviously the number of frame drops/repeats is accurate so you can play a whole film and see how many there are at the end to truly test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psousa
that custom resoltuion on 2nd SS will not be dangerous for my laptop or panasonic TV? i really want a true 24p playmode but dont want screw my laptop or TV in process
No. If your TV can't handle a certain setting, it'll merely refuse to display an image or nVidia Control Panel will report that the display "rejected" the image. After all, it's very minor tweaks we're talking about, it's not like trying to force 50 Hz on a 60 Hz-only monitor. Laptop screens are generally crap and I've never tried custom refresh rates on them so can't really comment.

Last edited by DragonQ; 6th September 2013 at 16:51.
DragonQ is offline   Reply With Quote