View Single Post
Old 4th July 2003, 01:21   #14  |  Link
loni_blues

@snowbeach,

In your (excellent) guide, it says:
Quote:
If FPS equals 29.970 you did not choose Force Film in DVD2AVI and will have to perform IVTC (explained later on in the guide). For now set FPS to 23.976.
And later:
Quote:
If you activated IVTC at Field Operations the IVTC in avs -> correct Frame Count will not be grayed out and you have to check it.
The thing is that if I set FPS to 23.976 and then activate IVTC at Field Operations, the IVTC in avs -> correct Frame Count does remain grayed out and canīt be checked. I thought it might be a bug in GKnot, but I did some research and found this:
Quote:
Originally posted by len0x
I think I know the cause of both your problems.

1) When using IVTC - never set fps manually to 23fps! If you chose to IVTC on save AVS window, then all you have to do is to make sure check box on encode window is set properly - "IVTC in AVS" (and GK automatically will take care of frame rate).
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55125

and:
Quote:
Originally posted by TheWEF
N_F is right. you should not change fps manually but use the checkbox instead. actually this only makes a difference if you are encoding credits separately. overhead calculations are more exact if creditsstart is recalculated as well.

wef.

So, may be doing both things is incompatible and it seems best not to set the FPS to 23.976 in the Frames tab in Gknot.

See you,
Loni Blues

Last edited by loni_blues; 4th July 2003 at 01:24.
loni_blues is offline   Reply With Quote