View Single Post
Old 7th April 2019, 08:05   #3170  |  Link
thescrapyard

Don't use codecs packs, they can and usually do cause more headache than they claim to fix. I tried them a few years back and ended up doing a full system reinstall because of all the drivers they updated or replaced with their own 'optimized' versions and made a right mess

LAVFilters should be good enough for pretty much everything. I use only PotPlayer and its good enough MLC should be even easier. I personally stay away from VLC Player after trying to use a few different times but other love it

I went back to Windows 7 as I got fed up of Windows 10 telling me half my software wasn't doing things the Microsoft way and refusing to play nicely with them

There are 'some' things that CAN be replaced with 64-bit versions in AVStoDVD, BUT make sure its working first THEN replace files. If it breaks then YOU have made the mistake

DO NOT replace FFMPEG with 64bit versions it WILL NOT work, I've tried and it won't. 32bit and 64bit are actually not that much different in speed, more about how much memory then can access

If you think AVStoDVD is outdated, then try looking at DVD Rebuilder. Thats even older and hasn't been updated in years BUT its very very good at what it does and the output quality is better than anything. That also uses HCEnc so the quality is on par

AVStoDVD works great with Avisynth and also now Avisynth+, which is why I use it, some don't work correctly and has difficulties with complex scripts (MeGUI personally is a pain)

My suggestion is to total remove AVStoDVD from your system, and klite codecs pack (if you can remove it ALL). Reinstall AVStoDVD (noinstall is my persoanl choice), install LAVFilters ONLY and try again (Make sure to check the codecs as Microsoft has a habit of refusing to change to anything but theirs ... which suck). If it still fails then you KNOW AVStoDVD is at fault

Dual audio DOES work, BUT some video releases from 'sources' fails to play convert, as I personally, just simply a crap source
thescrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote