View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2018, 23:30   #1039  |  Link
clivesay

Hey everyone. I joined this forum just for this thread!

Long story short, at the first of the year I learned I have a sister that no one (including my father) knew anything about. My dad has been gone for over 25yrs. Some slides that I never seen before that were tucked away in a closet helped to unlock some of the mystery.

This now has me on a mission. I bought a good scanner to get good copies of my dad's slides and then was informed my grandparent had some 8mm reels that needed to be digitized. So, I jumped in and bought a wolverine moviemaker-pro and have jumped into 8mm film restoration. I have the scripts from here up and running and have been tinkering with them.

First question: Some of you people here have an incredible amount of experience in film restoration. How does someone like myself gain enough knowledge to do some basic but effective editing? The scripts make a difference on some of my test clips but I have no idea what parameters to tweak to refine some of the results. Is there a good tutorial somewhere? Do I post clips here and some of you can give me some pointers?

I am all about learning and not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Would appreciate any guidance.

Oh, if anyone is interested in my experience with my sister you can google "Crawfordsville DNA" and see our story that was broadcast on the news.

Thank you.
clivesay is offline   Reply With Quote