View Single Post
Old 4th August 2005, 12:34   #4  |  Link
Y.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
I have not read all the information yet, but may I suggest you amend the title of your post to read "Stand-alone MPEG-4 Player Buyers Guide" or even "Stand-alone MPEG-4 (DivX) Player Buyers Guide"?

DivX is after-all a brand name for just one of the many possible MPEG-4 ISO alternatives!
Sorry, my mistake. I changed the title and also tried to replace all instances where I incorrectly talk about "divx players" to "MPEG-4 players". I somehow must have slipped into the habit of saying "DivX" since it is the one term that non-technically minded people will recognize when you talk to them (just watch their facial expression if you start throwing terms like MPEG-4 at them )... The same way I always talk about Linux when I mean GNU/Linux. No excuse to make those mistakes in written conversation though...

Edit: Fixed, added and rearranged a few of the points in the guide. The structure should be a bit more coherent now and the occasional spelling mistake has been mended. I think I'm finished for today...

Last edited by Y.T.; 4th August 2005 at 14:35.
Y.T. is offline   Reply With Quote