View Single Post
Old 21st June 2005, 20:29   #66  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@JoeBG: Please explain how you are encoding when you only get zones in the second pass. Below you'll find my log output for an automated 2 pass encoding session using the lavc codec:

Code:
Next job job9-1 is a video job. encoder commandline:
"mencoder.exe" "D:\DVDs\DVDVolume\VIDEO_TS\re-trailer.avs" -ovc lavc -o NUL: -passlogfile "2pass.log" -lavcopts vpass=1:vbitrate=800:turbo:vmax_b_frames=2:vqdiff=2:vrc_override=1,182,20/3214,3598,20
successfully set up video encoder and callbacks for job job9-1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job9-1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
job job9-1 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job9-2
Next job job9-2 is a video job. encoder commandline:
"mencoder.exe" "D:\DVDs\DVDVolume\VIDEO_TS\re-trailer.avs" -ovc lavc  -passlogfile "2pass.log" -lavcopts vpass=2:vbitrate=800:vmax_b_frames=2:vqdiff=2:vrc_override=1,182,20/3214,3598,20 -o "D:\DVDs\DVDVolume\VIDEO_TS\test.avi" -of avi -ffourcc MP4V 
successfully set up video encoder and callbacks for job job9-2
As you can see, the zones are in both passes. I did this by loading an AviSynth script, set intro and credits in the preview window that popped up, selected the lavc codec, set output type to avi, pressed config to configure codec, set encoding mode to automated 2 pass, enabled turbo, pressed OK, pressed Queue, started encoding.
I just debugged xvid job creation (exactly same scenario) with the same results (obviously without intro). However, I found a bug in the commandline generation (you didn't post yours.. it's essential information to me)

@kurt: something is seriously wrong with your PC. MeGUI should never use 50% cpu time.. it uses hardly any CPU time on my box.

Quote:
Instead of ">" (stout redirection), try "2>" (sterr redirection) - I did not check it, but it may be worth a try.
Good thinking.. that'll tell me what comes out in stderr (which is what I'm reading in order to write the status updates)