View Single Post
Old 8th March 2009, 22:11   #1890  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoboy View Post
@jdobbs,

Have been testing out BD Rebuilder on a number of movies after the last few weeks and at the same time keeping up-to-date with the latest version of releases. But I find that during playback on both a Panasonic BD30 and BD35 SAP I see very very slight video “stuttering” and I mean very slight but it is noticeable particularly if you have a scene with what should be constant moment such as a fan rotating or a person walking at a consent speed. It can detract from watching the movie because it can be notice by all once pointed out.

The stuttering is not present if played back via PowerDVD on a PC.

Also If I use process the same movies using "RipBot264" (latest versions over the last few weeks) the playback on the Panny BD30 and BD35 SAP are always perfect i.e. NO slight video stuttering.

I have been using movie only mode with AVCHD high compatibly ON and have tried both the highest and high encoder settings, encoding down to BD9 size.

I am going to give the very latest v0.20.03b a try but this time down convert 1080P to 720P and encode to a BD5 size

Do you have any ideas what could be causing this issue and what settings to change to try a located the issue?

Thanks,
Not a clue, especially since both BD-RB and RipBot264 use exactly the same encoder and muxer... but I can tell you that those players are very sensitive. I think it may be possible the RipBot264 uses level 4.0 for encoding (not positive, though) and BD-RB uses level 4.1 -- but by the specs BD is supposed to be 4.1.