View Single Post
Old 17th April 2004, 15:59   #49  |  Link
Didée

Oh-oh ... indeed, Restore24 is currently broken.

That is because a bug in GeneralConvolution that was present for a very long time got fixed some time back.

I am planning to pick up the work on Restore24 again in the near future - the function posted in this thread is by far not the end of the story . The latest development versions were already much more sophisticated, but far too unstable to be made public.

For the time being, take the modified script that scharfis_brain posted above, and make the following changes manually:

replace this part:
Code:
###### BUILD EDGEMASK ######-----------
edgeRGB = work.ConvertToRGB32().\
          GeneralConvolution(0,"
           -1 -1 -1 
           -2 10 -2 
           -1 -1 -1 ")
with this: [edited]
Code:
###### BUILD EDGEMASK ######-----------
edgeRGB = work.DEdgeMask(0,255,0,255,"5 0 -5 10 0 -10 5 0 -5",setdivisor=true,divisor=6)
And to take advantage of another change in AviSynth, make this little addition:
Code:
###### PRECEEDING & PROCEEDING ######
global edge_c  = edgeRGB.ConvertToYV12()
global edge_c  = edge_c.levels(0,0.5,160,0,255,false) #.levels( ... ...
(I cannot edit the post of scharfis_brain, and want to avoid even more confusion by posting just another version).

Wth a little luck, this summer I can present a truly pattern-guided version of Restore24.
But developing and bugfixing of the advanced version is such a major P.I.T.A., you can hardly imagine.

- Didée

edit: changed the kernel for DEdgeMask(). I accidentally posted a 90° rotated kernel - it worked, but this one works better.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 17th April 2004 at 19:35.
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote