View Single Post
Old 24th October 2001, 10:58   #10  |  Link
DobbyPower

DDogg, how I enjoyed your pie story, much better than a rant.

Now I am one of those old time hand bakers of pies, that has recently started to use DVD2SVCD's Pie'O'Matic. I keep fairly quiet most of the time observing the mixing and cooking process' of other chefs learning not only by my own mistakes but theirs also. I may not be over imbued with flour and eggs that I can donate, but I have managed to help point out when a gooseberry or two has managed to sneak into our nice cherry pie.

I too have noticed many new 'Jamie Olivers' appearing as customers at our resteraunt. Many of them seem to be confused about what is on the menu. Perhaps we could create a small, terse menu about exactly which flavour pies are currently being served, which pies may be served in the future, and which pies will definately never be served as they taste inferior to the current pies ( the TMPEnc pie for example ).

I think as Maitre-d you are doing an exceptional job, this resteraunt is still a pleasure to be in compared to some soup kitchens I have frequented in the past. But maybe, and it's only a suggestion, we need a couple of bouncers added to the staff, that can help unruly customers behave in an acceptable manner, so they don't end up annoying you, and our hard working head chef.
DobbyPower is offline   Reply With Quote