View Single Post
Old 19th April 2009, 16:19   #425  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLLgoTT View Post
- I still get a macrovision failure when I want to play a DVD (in MPC and Zoom Player).
Weird. I've only one DVD (THX demo DVD) to test with, though, and I don't even know if it's protected. Anyway, this one DVD showed "Macrovision fail" with madVR 0.4 in MPC HC for me and it plays fine now with madVR 0.5. I guess I have to find a "real" movie DVD to test with. Which exact error message do you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLLgoTT View Post
- If I play a file and open another file the screen stays black. When I press stop there is the message "loading pixel shader failed". Only a restart of MPC solves this problem.
Argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD View Post
- I have a 1440x900 screen. I'm in ZoomPlayer, in fullscreen mode. I open a file that is 1920x1080. The video file is shown at a 1920x1080 resolution, and I see only the portion cropped to 1440x900 (no resizing took place). Playing a file with a smaller resolution than my video screen does get scaled to the screen size when playback starts, however.
That sounds strange. It seems to work fine with MPC HC here. Will have to test this with ZoomPlayer.

Quote:
- do you happen to have any mpeg (with mpeg 1 video) files around ?
No, do you have a small sample?

Quote:
Subjective note: isn't the rendering time longer in this version ? I think I'm getting more files unplayable now.
Try checking/unchecking "use 3dlut". Does that make a difference? madVR 0.4 used the 3dlut files by default. madVR 0.5 uses shader math by default. But actually I thought that should speed up things, not slow them down...

Quote:
Good things: the timer besides the detected refresh rate gets increased for much longer than in previous versions (when it didn't last longer than 5 seconds). Now I've even seen it over 1 minute (haven't tested it for long, though)
Good to hear, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAgeHero View Post
According to MadVR settings menu I have MadVR v0.6 now.
You're too fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
In 0.4, when open a videoclip, it will use some time to init the videoclip, isn't it pre buffering?
No, that was just time wasted on initializing dozens of pixel shaders which were not needed. And 3dlut file loading.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote