View Single Post
Old 15th October 2018, 22:37   #53274  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
I just tried it myself, I see no difference at all with your pattern or the standard black clipping mate.

I have to say i'm glad as they should be no difference and I prefer having correct colour space on my desktop.

I guess you just got lucky with your combination of kit and settings, however...

I'm guessing this is your first OLED even though you've had several LG tvs?

My first gen 4k OLED has a less smooth transition at near black for setting brightness levels in that you have to move the brightness slider two notches to increase or decrease the brightness, this makes it a bit notchy for setting black clipping. This doesnt affect how it shows these elements, just how you setup the TV.

This was fixed in the next model E6, so it could be I just cant get that notch that you can.

on my black clipping pattern I prefer flashing 18 and above rather than 16/17 as this can produce raised blacks for me, this could be the issue.

for me though this is an advanage as it means there is no difference so I can stick with using HIGH and have the correct desktop colour space.
If the lowest shade above black you see is bar 18 then you won't see what I'm talking about. From what I remember with the older OLEDs is there was no way to get 0.5% to show without raising the black level.

The first visible square in the pattern is equal to bar 17 (0.5%). This is crushed with brightness at default 50 and a full RGB chain. This square is visible with brightness at default 50 and limited>full>limited. As is per my experience with the first C7 I had which I exchanged for this one, and also a plasma a couple other LCDs.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote