View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 08:10   #19007  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post
A question though, which material does smooth motion work with, as I don't seem to see a difference with your regular 23,97fps anime?
In theory it should "work" for any content. Is that anime content progressive or interlaced? If you deinterlace interlaced anime without forcing madVR into film mode, the output of the deinterlacer will be 59.940fps, so there's not much left for smooth motion FRC to do. Anime also isn't the best candidate for what smooth motion FRC does. FRC works best with smooth "soft" movements. Anime often has very "hard" movements. Such movements don't "blend" too well. But it should still work somewhat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
now with a queue of 128, I end up with ~80 dropped frames (i5-3570K @4.4Ghz) as the subtitle queue attempts to refill
Can you please upload a small log which shows those 80 frame drops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowRunner View Post
A quick bug report (not due to this new build, as I tested with 0.86.1):
madvr has troubles rendering videos encoded with Cinepak/CVID, the display is all screwed up.
A sample file: here.
In the exact same graph, replacing madvr by the VMRs or EVR solves the issue.
I can't find this in the bug tracker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
but if PS scripts are limited to TV range in MPC by design, then how come
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
and I guess PS scripts applied on 0-255 source files(FRAPS for instance) will be a no-go as well
Is there a specific point to your questions? I thought the problem with your gamut PS script was solved? So why still asking weird follow up questions? Do you still have problems or not? I would have to re-study what MPC-HC's internal renderers do exactly to answer your questions, and if your questions are just about making a point, or about satisfying your curiosity, then I really have better things I can spend my time with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamancho View Post
I was wondering the same ting. Are there any benefits in using smooth motion with (torrented) DVD/BR/HD rips played on a laptop display?
Yes, definitely. But in order to have a real benefit, you need to make sure that for movie content you get the movies converted to proper 24fps/25fps first. If you use DXVA deinterlacing the output will be 30fps or 60fps, with baked in 3:2 pulldown judder. For interlaced movie content, forcing madVR into film mode is the only way to get smooth motion.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote