View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2003, 19:27   #7  |  Link
trbarry

Quote:
Just out of curiousity, why don't you post some timing numbers for your filter versus Telecide(post=false)? If it is blazingly faster, we could consider modifying Telecide to use your algorithm (or giving the user a choice of algorithms if their output differs in important ways). Assuming of course, that you'd be agreeable to it.
Donald -

It's blazingly faster.

But please feel free to add the code to yours as sort of a "Telecide-lite" option of post=false if you wish. It's only that one little section of about 50 lines of assembler that would be of any interest.

I still think of you as the IVTC-meister. I don't have the patience to be adding all the options to deal with all the pathological things that folks do to telecined video. And in this your Telecide filter has gone far beyond anything I could do with my quick and dirty Doom9 front end to GreedyHMA, which I would rather not maintain anyway.

But all the options and cleverness can slow things down a bit and I thought maybe a fast simple one for YV12/Avisynth 2.5 might be welcome here. UnComb seems to do an adequate job on most of my HDTV caps so far where I have to be tediously doing it on huge frames of 1920x1080, making performance more of an issue.

bb -

Yep, UnComb should be able to handle most field shifts and order changes. (barring bugs, it's new alpha code)

- Tom

Last edited by trbarry; 3rd May 2003 at 19:35.
trbarry is offline   Reply With Quote