View Single Post
Old 27th March 2010, 21:40   #11197  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

With the audio build: AC3-->THD results in silence, ffdshow reports 6xx kbps ac3 (liba52). But now if I change back to the AC3 track I get sound. It's like ffdshow doesn't detect the format change. Oh I forgot to say, I use analog audio, no bitstreaming so I can't test that.

I will report my findings with the new libraries beta in a moment.

EDIT, newlibs report:

RGB32:

- Luminance fix in picture properties, black screen. But wait, if you enable deband and you place it after picture properties everything is fine! The filter works and the image is not black. Maybe this can help you with debugging.
- Deinterlacing, same as luminance fix, it works perfectly fine but only if you put it before deband and you activate it, otherwise black screen with ffmpeg deints.
- Postprocessing with mplayer checked, I get black screen. Again if I activate deband after PP it works perfectly fine.
- mplayer temporal noise reducer in Blur, same as above, with deband after it it works fine.
- White shadow in DVD subs, still present. Not a problem with the libs, but still there.

YUY2:

With SD content, exact same issues as RGB32, but changing the black screens with the double speed but same number of frames issue I reported earlier. With HD content, exact same issues as RGB32 but changing the black screens with stuttering. Activating deband after the filters fixes the double speed and the stuttering.

NV12: black screen always. This time deband does nothing.

It looks like everything works OK with deband, maybe that filter does something that should be added in the other filters too. Find this thing and everything will work like a charm (at least the bugs I've found)

EDIT 2: Log. MKV file with AC3 as primary audio. Then at about second 45 I change to the THD track, sound is gone. Then again at second 55 I change back to the AC3 track, sound is heard again. This log is done with "ffdshow_rev3335_20100327_dbt_.exe"
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.

Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 28th March 2010 at 00:15.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote