View Single Post
Old 7th March 2011, 18:05   #99  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I expected such a dumb question from someone pretending to be the expert around here. He has an AD7260 which is manufactured by NEC and sold through the channels of the Sony-NEC-joint venture called Optiarc.
That's okay, I expect to be insulted by a complete fool such as yourself.

Sony Optiarc
"Sony Optiarc Inc. (formerly Sony NEC Optiarc Inc.) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation. The company's business is the design and manufacturing of optical disk drives, primarily for the OEM desktop and notebook PC markets.
The company was established on April 3, 2006 as a joint venture between Sony and NEC Corporation, each had share of 55% and 45% respectively. On September 11, 2008, it was announced that Sony would take over NEC's 45% share, making Optiarc wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony. This took effect on December 5, 2008."

Do you really think the average person is going to understand what on earth you're talking about when you tell them to get rid of their NEC burner after they've posted quality tests of burns made by their Sony Optiarc because it contains an NEC chipset? Or because Optiarc was once-upon-a-time a Sony-NEC joint venture, back before your dementia set in and you lost track of reality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
The green zone represent the ability of the burner to read damaged sectors (it includes here the "repaired" sectors), the red ones are the unreadable ones.
There is a concentration of NECs at the bottom and one of LGs at the top.
So where did the pretty picture come from? I hope you're not infringing someone else's copyright?
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote