View Single Post
Old 15th July 2004, 20:22   #6  |  Link
Hiro2k
New Container Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuning
IMO, With recurring M$ windows crashes and re-install this move is extremely good for the consumer side.
That was exactly how I saw it. I re-install my Windows usually before 6 months go by.

@Bond
You have to admit that it's getting better. I also would prefer a 100% free codec, but I don't think that it's in the best interest for DivX. If they want to have their product be supported in the industry by hardware manufacturers they are going to have to charge something for it. It's just a mentality that most companies/CEO's haven't been able to overcome. I tried to sell a company a completely open source "Free" software solution that would save them thousands of dollars in licenses, but they just didn't trust it. They still believe in the old saying "You get what you pay for." Which is not true at all with open source products. What most companies worry about is the tech support offered by Open Source software. If they pay for the liscense then they know if the product doesn't work they can call the company and get something worked out. Which is not something you can easily do with a company that owes you nothing. You have to spend time researching the problem on forums and use groups, which takes time. And time is money in the buisness world.
Hiro2k is offline   Reply With Quote