Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 24th June 2009, 17:38   #14  |  Link
Turtleggjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
It's not clear yet. I have been in discussion with Nvidia and they cannot duplicate it while I cannot find any issue in my code. So investigation continues. I still think it is an Nvidia problem but I have to find a way to prove it one way or the other.
Thanks for continuing to look into it. I know you said before you were having trouble getting deinterlace=2 to work, when you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Both instances returned the same field, so I wrote to Nvidia about it. It may be a CUDA bug.
And since it does show problems when using "use_top_field=false" I would think it would be easy for Nvidia to reproduce. Unless of course you're doing some kind of special tricks to get "use_top_field=false" to work.

I re-indexed my 2 hour long clip, and it appears to be handling the repated frames correctly, since the trim commands in my script now produce what looks to be a perfectly edited clip. Previously, when I opened the clip, the first frame was a few seconds into the episode. As far as I know, there are no repeated frames during the episode, only during the commercials (like the sample clip). So I don't think it's worth re-encoding the whole thing for testing purposes. Soon, I'll try with some of my 1080i shows that do have pulldown during the episode. Thanks again!

Matt
Turtleggjp is offline   Reply With Quote