Thread: DG NV tools
View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:24   #8  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demn View Post
I have an anime mpeg-2 vob source that was previously not providing correct timing in it's dgm with pulldown flags ignored (compared to audio stream and the d2v project file). Now with pulldown flags honored the timing seems right on with audio.
Great. That was the point of implementing it, so it's reassuring to know that it is working.

Quote:
However, I get this nVidia PureVideo deinterlacer (what I see as the neatest part of DGMPGIndexNV) error now:
Code:
DGSource: Cannot use PureVideo deinterlacer with field repeats.
My AVS is simple:
Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\...\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("anime.dgm",deinterlace=1)
Will the deinterlacer have issues with certain video streams? I have not tested another interlaced mpeg-2 source yet, I will get around to that eventually. This source is admitedly a very ugly NTSC source.
OK, let's break it down. Field repeats can be used only on progressive video. It is not correct to apply a deinterlacer to progressive video. Instead you should recover the original progressive frames, either by ignoring the pulldown or via an external IVTC (inverse telecine) operation.

Anyway, NVCUVID leaves pulldown to the display process, which comes after the deinterlacing, so it would not be possible to honor the pulldown and then deinterlace the pulled-down frames.

So, let me throw this back at you. Why are you deinterlacing a progressive video? A sample of your unprocessed source will be very helpful in understanding your case.

It may be a case where we need a forced film mode, but I can't tell until I see your source material.

Last edited by Guest; 23rd June 2009 at 02:38.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote