View Single Post
Old 27th September 2011, 21:21   #9875  |  Link
madhatter300871

Well, I discovered something new tonight. madVR bypasses the Nvidia video brightness/contrast/hue etc so when I slide them in the nvidia control panel nothing happens. OK, no big deal because I never used them anyway. However, the nvidia brightness/contrast/gamma/hue/digital vibrance settings for the desktop DO affect the rendered video. I never realised this, I had them set to some arbitrary value, my desktop looked OK and I wasn't really that bothered.

I have now tweaked them a little and made a vast improvement to the video, mainly lowered the contrast a touch to get much more detail in dark areas, and upped the digital vibrance a tiny amount which gives, to my eye at least, a more vibrant picture.

In response to 'nand chan' I played with the yCMS calibration values and to be honest I couldn't see a difference, so I am running with not calibrated mode for now. To be honest, I have no idea what so ever how all those calculations work, I have never read up on it and find myself being very lazy indeed in doing so. I'm prepared to accept that it's beyond me for the time being.
madhatter300871 is offline   Reply With Quote