View Single Post
Old 18th April 2018, 19:07   #127  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLumberjack View Post
Oh gosh, please be nice and maybe a little more fun ! It's not more complicated with names than with numbers, because it follows a logic order. Besides, I think it's easier to recognize a script with a name
You're just confusing everybody with those names. And I found no logic between "ultimate style - clean version" and "ultimate style - new vintage" whatsoever, what do they even mean?

Quote:
But thanks for the advice of the nnedi3 !

But I already used it, and it's not really an anti-ringing filter like MadVR uses The other problem is to begin a script with nnedi3. I never begin a script with this filter because the straight lines become distored. But it's true that it's good to clean the image
I read your earlier posts, those are not straight lines, those are just single-pixels. And you don't need deringing filter because nnedi3 doesn't produces ringing. The ringing problem you have on your images came from the low quality resizers you used.

Quote:
Otherwise, I just want to remind that I don't want scanlines or grids. Il will tell you why. It's because in the old times, even if we have these kinds of picture with the CRT display, it was always when we were close to the screen, but never at a certain distance. And personnally, I never glued my nose to the screen

So I think, this passion for the scanlines and grids are a bit too exagerated. To a certain distance, the old CRT displays delivered a normal and clean picture I think. I never had the souvenirs of having seen scanlines at this time.
The scanlines had always been there in the old CRT TV, you just don't see them because of the low resolution.

Quote:
Let's say that my idea is rather to rethink the original picture, imitate a kind of old feeling, but keep a maximum quality.

It's like a remastering the idea !
If that is your goal then I think you can just simply achieved that by changing your window resolution to 640 x 480.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote