View Single Post
Old 24th April 2004, 22:21   #6  |  Link
DDogg
Retired, but still around

Kedirekin , as always I appreciate your well thought out comments and welcome the chance to discuss them with you. One of the important ones is what IS the appropriate self flagellation for forgetting to mow my already long overdue lawn yesterday before the 4 inch rain came? Arghh! Ah, not important, my wife will offer a suggestion for sure
Quote:
If your goal is one-to-one single DVDR backup (movie only or full disk) with maximum quality (accepting that maximum quality may not be that good, but single disk is mandatory), then analysis won't make any difference. You're best served to do a VBR regardless.
Erm, I guess that depends upon whether you are a purist, or just like good quality encodes. Knowing when to crop overscan, change resolutions to 704, or lightly filter can make the difference in whether the encode is worth saving. Since you mentioned using time wisely, I think spending under 10 minutes to do this is time well spent to save hours of wasted effort.
Quote:
of course, if the analysis were automated, that would be different
Yup, that is the ultimate goal, and a good part of what this working post was about. Somewhere down the road I think all this stuff will be completely automated. Think of all the extra time we will have for mowing and car washing...

Last edited by DDogg; 24th April 2004 at 22:24.
DDogg is offline   Reply With Quote