View Single Post
Old 13th December 2005, 21:03   #7  |  Link
tateu

It should ignore it, but the idea of an "OMF compliant application" is almost funny. The OMFtoolkit SDK is years out of date and not even AVID completely adheres to it any more. Since I only have access to an AVID and every manufacturer seems to make their own slight changes to the format, I have no way of testing all the different types of OMFs. If you find one that my filter crashes on or won't import and you have a way of sending the file to me, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can fix it.

I have not yet tested any OMFs with audio, but I have found several OMFs that I cannot read. So far, I can read everything (except for DV50) captured by my AVID system or rendered by Adobe After Effects but OMFs that were created by an AVID effect render or by an AVID import/export are sometimes unreadable or have crashed my filter. I'll see if I can export an OMF with audio, later this afternoon, to check what happens when I try to read it.

Update...Just exported an OMF with DV25 video and 2 channels of WAV audio. My filter successfully opened the video and ignored the audio.

Last edited by tateu; 13th December 2005 at 21:35.
tateu is offline   Reply With Quote