Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2008, 00:37   #1071  |  Link
MBoufleur

Quote:
That sounds like either a libavcodec decoding error, or a DGAVCDec error. Does the same thing occur with DGAVCIndex? If so, upload samples of those streams somewhere so that neuron2 can fix the bug and improve the program further.

Does it happen if you use DirectShowSource with ffdshow's H.264 decoder enabled in its config so it's used as the decoder?
As for the crash, MPC using FFDshow doesn't crash at that specific point (although it doesn't play at full speed either)...

As for the blocks while decoding, It's the same error, so it should be liabvcodec's error. I used FFdshow and MPC to play some content, paused in a frame, and compared to the same frame in DGAVCIndex. Both look identical...

I would say it looks like bad interlace implementation for H.264 in libavcodec since it's been the Achille's heel of many H.264 decoders I've seen (specially for HD). VLC for example, also used libavcodec, but it couldn't display MBAFF in a proper way.

What does it really mean when the stream is neither MBAFF nor PAFF, and the content is interlaced? I always thought that either one of these two would appear if the content would come interlaced.

Anyway, All samples remain in the same place, so if you want to use the same files for more testing and debuging, the link from my first post should be ok.

Last edited by MBoufleur; 27th May 2008 at 00:45.