Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 21:31   #1069  |  Link
MBoufleur

@Schmendrik: indeed, I was able to demux some streams with TSremux. It's a remarkable tool and I guess it helps lots of people. I didn't know about this one though, but I'm glad you pointed it to me!

TSremux has some small issues however:
- In stream 2, one cannot see the streams divided by structure, and it gets confusing as to which audio belongs to which video, by which PID...
- In steam 2 again: after saving the streams to elementary stream files, Upper Audio 18 is equal to the lower Audio 18, and Upper Video 17 is equal to Lower Video 17 - when it shouldn't. Those are two different audio and video streams and their output elementary stream files should not be the same. I used Manzanita do demux the same streams for comparison purposes, and all streams matched the exact size of the files from TSRemuxer (Video 17 is HD video, and Audio 18 is mobile audio). Perhaps some misconfiguration when identifying the streams without separating them by program, and then displaying them makes one equal to another?

@neuron2: Stream 2 (the bigger one) makes DGAVCIndex crash halfway when saving to DGA file. Only happens with this one, and always at the same point (frame 3414).

@Inventive Software: It seems some of the streams I'm running through DGAVCIndex and serving to VirtualDub end up showing some blocks on the middle of the image (at some points). At first I thought this was only for display, but when moving forward and backward frame by frame in VirtualDub, one can see that they will end up appearing in the final video. Is this caused by some decoding configuration in libavcodec that I could disable (In Loop Deblocking filter, maybe)?