View Single Post
Old 16th February 2009, 04:50   #49  |  Link
lpm

Using 1.0.0b (with NVidia GeForce 8500 GT on XP SP3 32-bit)

Your work rocks... the new tool seem to be working great functionally for me but there are glitches. Decoding works but is choppy and slow when frameserving with AVISynth... This is only with the new MPGSource, I get great performance when frameserving AVC with DGAVCDecNV. I will try to put together a reproducible test case but it looks like I'm not the only one experiencing so you might have one already.

One regret: so far MPGSource() doesn't take the "info" parameter and passes no hints by default so the ColorMatrix() filter can't automatically decide what to do if chained next.

A side suggestion: Today there are different command line syntaxes and AVISynth syntax variations between all the DG*Dec tools. How about merging all the tools (DGMPGDec, DGAVCDec, DGVC1Dec, DGMPGDecNV, DGAVCDecNV) into a single binary at some point - and a single AVISynth function - with the NV features enabled as a switch, and of course only when the required hardware/license are present? That would be awesome.... not a major requirement but a nice-to-have at some point.