View Single Post
Old 27th December 2003, 20:32   #1033  |  Link
AZEncoder

Cannot open file error

This is one of those stumpers. If anybody has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Here's the log file.

[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Input dir: C:\STOS77
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Output file: C:\STOS77\test.avi
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Audio: English
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Subtitles: none
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Codec: XviD
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Target size: 700Mb
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Custom resolution settings: fixed width of 640 pixels
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Started encoding.
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Demuxing and indexing.
EXCEPTION: Cannot open file "C:\STOS77\gk_tmp\test.d2v". The system cannot find the file specified
[12/27/2003 8:42:25 AM] Job finished.

This is the log file for an encode with AutoGK that I am trying to run. I have a server that is running W2K Advanced server (AMD running at 1GHZ, and big IDE drives) with sp4 and then patched up to the latest. That is where I normally store all of my .VOB files (we'll call it system #1) and then I have a couple of workstations running W2K Professional also patched to sp4 and then up to the latest (we'll call them systems #2 and systems #3) The two workstations run AutoGK flawlessly. They are both running AMD Athlon processors clocked at 1GHz.

The above encode ran on one of the two workstations without a hitch (didn't try the other workstation but suspect that it would work just fine as well).

I was given an old dual processor pentium II running at 450Mhz, (we'll call it system #4). The disk subsystem for system #4 is RAID 5, 6 drives (9GB each) physical disks in the array. I loaded W2K Advanced Server on it and patched it up to the latest and greatest and loaded AutoGK (started with version 0.5) I recieved an identical error message to the one above when system #4 tried to do the encode with the .VOB files living on system #1. At first I thought maybe it was because of a security issue with the system #4 accessing system #1 so I moved the .VOB files onto the local C: drive of system #4, I still get same error message. Then I thought maybe that it was because I was running W2K advanced server as opposed to W2K Professional. So I fdisked system #4 and re-installed W2K professional, but I still get the same error message as you can see above. Then I remembered seeing a message about Hyperthreading being a problem and I thought perhaps dual processors would be a problem as well, so I took one of the processors out. The problem didn't go away, same error message.

Okay, so now I am really really stumped!!!!!!!!! BTW, I know the error message says it can't open the file. I am logged into the system as administrator with all access rights. I look in the designated folder (C:\STOS77\gk_tmp\) and it is empty. If I delete the folder completely it gets recreated but I get the same error message. It's like it can't create the file that is needed by the next step and when the next step that AutoGK initiates looks for the file it can't find it.

If anybody wants a good laugh at my expense I would be happy to be laughed at, Just so I can't get this stupid problem figured out.

Thanks!

AZEncoder

Last edited by AZEncoder; 27th December 2003 at 20:38.
AZEncoder is offline   Reply With Quote