View Single Post
Old 21st December 2003, 08:19   #1008  |  Link
manono

Hi AZEncoder-

Correct? Or did I miss something?

Maybe I missed something, as I was anything but clear there. I haven't tested AutoGKnot with Forced Subs yet, but since I own the LOTR DVDs, perhaps I should one of these days. I think you have to choose both a main Substream, and then also check Forced Subs. That's if there are Forced Subs embedded within that main Substream. If they are a separate stream, then you should be able to select only that stream, and then not check Forced Subs. If you have one stream with both the complete English Subs, together with the Forced Subs, then that's the one you'd choose, together with checking the Forced Subs box.

One thing you might try is use the Main GKnot to track down those pesky Forced Subs. Go to the Subtitles Tab, and then to Resynch. Pick one stream after another, and see if the Forced Subs are there (there's a separate column for them). If you know where the Forced Subs are supposed to be, then highlight the corresponding line to see what the subs for that line say. If they aren't there, then one of the streams should be real short, since there are relatively few lines of Forced Subs. Go back into AutoGK, and then test out that same stream. This may be slightly inaccurate, since I'm not looking at a Sub Stream that has Forced Subs, but once you try out Resynch, you should be able to figure it out.

And in your case, you may have to check out all the streams, as you said the other two English Streams were French and Spanish, so maybe one of the later French or Spanish Streams has what you want. But that's all real quick to check in Resynch.

Edit later: I forgot, since I already had VobSub and didn't install it as part of AutoGK. If you did install it, just look in your AutoGK folder and you should see VobSub, and inside there you should see subresynch.exe.

Last edited by manono; 21st December 2003 at 08:52.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote