View Single Post
Old 16th August 2015, 12:30   #556  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I've found a workaround for the workaround!

When BDSup2Sub.jar is used to convert the subtitles to 3D and it has problems decoding some subtitles, BD3D2MK3D launches BDSup2Sub++ to convert the original SUP file. It's the first workaround.

However, if ++ is used to convert the original SUP directly to XML/PNG, there are many problems (described in my previous post). But it can convert the SUP to another SUP without problem, and it stores the correct bitmaps, positions and sizes in the target SUP. Therefore, when that new SUP is converted to XML/PNG, there are no problems any more, and all subtitles are correct. (However, there is only a single "No!" any more. Not sure why.) It's the second workaround.

So, currently, when the java version is selected, BD3D2MK3D uses it to decode the SUP to XML/PNG. If it detects the RLE decoding error message, it deletes the target XML/PNG directory, and converts the original SUP to a temp SUP with ++, and then the temp SUP to XML/PNG, again with ++. Finally, the conversion to 3D is made with ImageMagick as usual, and then the 3D XML is converted to SUP (or VobSub) with BDSup2Sub (java version). That means that 4 conversions are made with BDSup2Sub instead of 2, but at least the result is more or less correct.

If the ++ version is selected by default, there is another test, that detects if some subtitles have been converted in several PNGs, and when it's the case, the conversion is discarded, and the ++ version is used again to convert to the temp SUP, and the temp SUP to XML/PNG. Again, there are no errors and 4 conversions instead of 2. (That workaround was already present in the current version of BD3D2MK3D, and it's why you have not noticed the problem when converting with ++.)

I think it's the best solution, as everything is correct (except perhaps the missing second "No!"). Anyway I can't do a better job.

Note also that currently, there is no check for these bad subtitles when the original SUP is converted to 2D SUP or VobSub (because they are never converted to XML/PNG and I have no way to analyse the bitmaps).

I would like to know what is the BD that has produced that subtitle errors. Is it a Chinese movie? They have often many problems with the subtitles.

I will release a new version soon, with this fix and the fix for the problem of "not enough free disc space" dialog...