View Single Post
Old 5th October 2002, 16:15   #32  |  Link
Kurosu

Quote:
Well, I found out that it worked better if I used noise filtering after antiblink instead of before.
You're totally right. the video should be unfiltered/untouched when fed to AntiBlink. In order to speed the whole think and have better results, I don't test edges anymore: I just look at the activity of the 16x16 block (as described in the .txt in the archive) in the U plane. Using a spatial (and certainly a temporal filter) such at SpatialSmoothMMX, Convolution3D and such will reduce the effectiveness of the detection, unless you set them for only affecting luma (Y).

For the ghosting artifact, that's quite simple: I don't test scene change when temporal smoothing. when using Antiblink(3,32,2,4), you check if half of the pixels (32) from the 16x16 blocks have an activity higher than 3, then you ask to use the 2 previous pixels (in time axis) and the 2 next to do the temporal smoothing (last parameter has been disabled in this release for it is bugged). Therefore, a scene change occuring in one of those frames will affect the pixels used for tempsmooth.

I'll be using luminance for scene change detection: using chroma is ineffective because of the rainbow effect.

btw, I set up the filter for not filtering the x first and x last frames of the video (x being your tempsmooth strength).
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote