View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 19:04   #3  |  Link
BigDid
Actually in reserve

Official AutoGK FAQ (last modified on 18 May 2007)

=================
MORE FAQ for AutoGK
=================
2. Audio
========

2.5.1 when I choose "Output Audio type" as either "Auto" or "VBR MP3 128 kbps" my resulting avi is showing a bitrate of 108 kbps
- This is a known feature (not bug) of the Lame-mp3 3.97 rev when encoding with ABR (noted as VBR in AGK). The idea is you get a CBR 128Kbp/s quality at less bitrate. You need to raise the bitrate to 144 to get +/- 128 (and so forth for upper bitrates)

2.14 My audio(s) are out of synch with the video
Different possibilities:
* If the DVD source is not protected (older DVD without the recent strong protections), use this tool in re-author mode and feed the resulting as input file for AutoGK
* If the DVD source is strongly protected use a recent decrypting tool (See the decrypting section for different tools and How-to).
* If your source is not a DVD or if you need to re-synch afterward (courtesy of setarip_old):
Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:
*From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then
select "Interleaving")
* Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milliseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay
audio track by"
* Save with a new filename
B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:
* From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
* Save with a new filename

2.15 I have a « audio1 is corrupted » when encoding audio to 144-CBR-mp3
- It may have to do with 16/32 khz steps in CBR; you can retry encoding to 160 or 128 MP3 CBR

=================
4. Video/Codec
==============

4.3.1 Is Divx6.x codec supported? .....
- DivX 6.5 Pro and older are supported

4.3.2 Is Xvid 1.2x supported?
- Yes, the Xvid 1.2 build by Celtic_Druid from the svn is included in the Autogk 2.40 install.
- If you want to change your xvid rev, be sure to follow the FAQ 6.3 recommendations

4.4.1 What are good settings for anims?
- Use the ESS option for anims, it forces the use of the H263 CQM/Matrix which has good results. You can also force a lower resolution (fixed or maximum width) to get 70% or more at the comp test, which gives an overall better quality for anims

4.6.1 How can I retain original proportions?
- In the hidden options, check "Tune auto crop parameters," set Threshold to 0, and set all cropping to 0

4.8 In the Quality 1pass, what are the correspondances between quality percentage and DRF?
- See table below for average results; due to B-frames usage, it is difficult to get accurate results between 80 and 100%
Code:
2.5   = 80 %
2.67  = 75 %
2.99  = 67 %
3.51  = 57 %
4.0   = 50 %
=================
5. General
==========

5.7.1 I cannot set the hidden options with Ctrl/F9
- You need to have a video loaded (in the « Input file » box) for this to work

5.7.2 I have the hidden options panel open, now what?
- Use the tutorial at the « HIDDEN OPTIONS » paragraph http://www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=TutorialEN

5.12.1 I cannot choose a mp3 audio source as original ...
- See FAQ 5,12. Workaround: encode the video only, extract the audio from source and mux in final encoded file. Some tips in the above More FAQ 2,14

5.12.2 How can I know what type of AVI file, type of mpeg file my source file is, or what type of codec?
By using « GSpot » and looking in the « container » part, it will report file type; for the codec look in the « codec » part.

5.13 I cannot (properly) install AutoGK in VISTA
- Use the Administrator mode: right click on AutoGK shortcut -> properties -> compatibility -> "run program as administrator"
/or go into the CTRL+F9 options and disable color correction in the global options

5.14 What are the options available when installing or made global (active for each encoding) and how to change or disable them?
- Available when installing:
.compatibilty – contains ESS or MTK - can be changed or disabled in hidden options (CTRL/F9)
.versioncheck and/or .versioncheckstable – no change possible – delete the file in the X:\Program Files\AutoGK directory (X being the drive/partition where Agk is installed)
- Global options:

For details see the tutorial, chapter "hidden options"

5.15 Can I change/update some of the installed components?
- To be done at your own risk, nobody can be held responsible for damages occuring after changes etc...
* Xvid can be updated to the latest 1.2 SVN, see FAQ 4.3
* DgIndex 1.49 final not recommended yet (the number of frames is miscounted which throws off comptest) [Len0x]

=================
6. Encoding process
=================

6.3.1 I used Xvid 1.x rev and I installed Xvid 1.y rev (or codec pack) on top of it, I have problems like undersized/oversized etc...
- same as in FAQ 6.3: do a clean uninstall by de-installing the Xvid 1.x codec(or codec pack) and verifying there is no trace in the registry. When done, make a clean install of the Xvid 1.y and absolutely no codec pack if you want to be safe.
- If no luck for a codec pack removal, clean uninstall AutoGK and Codec(s), make a clean re-install of AGK and the Xvid or Divx codec only; nothing more, nothing less

6.11.1 How to split manually or aftwerwards an AVI file?
- Use VDUBMOD /save as /segment output size /limit size 700Mb

6.16.1 - In addition to 6.16 clues, Norton Internet Security 2006 is problematic and is to be replaced by Norton Internet Security 2007 (free upgrade)

6.17 My computer freezes or restart during an encoding process,
- Is it an overclocked PC?
A/ If not-> see posts related to hardware malfunction in the software/hardware section: http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16
B/ If yes -> Goto stock speed
At stock speed, is encoding OK?
Yes -> diminish overclock until stable
No -> see A/

=================
7.Various–Advanced–Tweaking
=================

7.1 What matrixes (CQM) does AutoGK uses?
- in the ESS mode, it uses the H.263 and MPEG standard MPEG4 matrixes
- in the MTK or normal mode, it uses the Jawor1CD CQM (soft matrix) or the Sharktooth Eqm_V2 (sharp matrix) whenever possible.

7.2 How can I tell, afterwards, if the ESS option was used?
- You cannot get, afterwards, an info with "made by AGK with the ESS option" but you can guess correctly.
Use avinaptic http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123076 on the problematic avi. If it tells you in the -generic info- made with "VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1(build 2178...)", that rev is used by AGK.
It will also tell you in the -About mpeg4 encoding- the quant type (Cqm) used; if "H263" appears, the ESS option was used.

7.3 AutoGK is slow(er) now,
- If you have checked the « accurate » box in the hidden options « Correct Color if needed », it will slow down an old/slow machine
- If it occurs during the analysis pass, it is a normal behavior for an AVI source; for another source you may want to raise the thread priority of « VirtualDubMod »
=================