View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2005, 13:25   #4  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

hey,

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
some things i meantioned:
- video drop down list, lists raw mpeg-4 part2 video (.m4v and .cmp) together with .mp4 container files (which of course can also contain non-mpeg4 streams), to avoid confusion it might be better to move .mp4 into an own row
- the same goes for audio: you mix .aac with .mp4, of course .mp4 could also include mp3 or mp2 audio for example, so this might confuse people in some situations (and maybe you want to add the .m4a extension too (.m4a = .mp4) IF mp4box knows the .m4a extension (dunno))
- you might also want to add .3gp support to the input options
ok, no problem.

Quote:
- for chapters: what is the "gpac format"? mp4box supports a lot of chapter formats, so this isnt really clear imho!?
it's like this :

Code:
code:00:00:00.000 Some Chaptername for Chapter 1
00:00:00.880 Some Chaptername for Chapter 2
00:00:02.400 Some Chaptername for Chapter 3
00:00:06.720 Some Chaptername for Chapter 4
00:00:08.840 Some Chaptername for Chapter 5
I decided to name it "GPAC format" to avoid the confusion with subtitles format...Yes I know it's not clear. If you have a good name...

Quote:
- strictly speaking its also possible to mux more than 1 video stream, not many people will do that, but maybe you want to support this too?
mmh yes. why not but is it work for the playback ? with haali splitter I think.

Quote:
- for container files (audio and video): .avi, .mpg, .mp4 there is also the possibility to choose what you want to import in mp4box (for .avi and .mpg its #audio or #video, for .mp4 its the trackid, cause if this is not defined, both audio and video (or better said all streams in the container) will get imported from the container)
you can solve this by adding always #video to .avi and .mpg inputs in the video tab
the same for the audio tab (add #audio to .avi, but you can also import audio-only that way from .mpg files (mp2 audio) so it might be a good idea to add this (.mpg and always adding #audio) to the audio tab too)
for .mp4 files you need to define the trackid, which is a more difficult task actually (audio-only .mp4 files normally always use the trackid 1 for the audio stream), but for audio+video .mp4 files it becomes more difficult, so you might want to leave this as is
I plan to add some import/dump functions in a new tab...so, yes.

Quote:
- are you sure that *.3gpp is a valid extension? i only know .3gp and .3g2
IIRC, there is no official extension for 3gp files. I checked -h format command to have these extensions.

Quote:
- in the splitting tab the dropdown list says "all supported files *.*" you might want to change this to .mp4 only
ok

Quote:
- mp4box can also split from time X to time Y, which is very powerful imho, you might want to add this too (if you have enough free time, it would be nice to get a window where the video is displayed where you can seek keyframe-wise to a specific point, set that time aso... well that would than be virtualdub )
You read my thought...Yeah, it's expected.

Quote:
- its maybe a good idea to display the used cmdl in the splitting tab too, when enable that under options
we have already the cmdl in this tab...

Quote:
- maybe you want to add an overall option to the options tab which let you set that the mp4box window should stay open after the conversion, so people can check the import reports
maybe...

Quote:
- does the "keep systems tracks" option work? it doesnt seem to change the cmdl here!?
No, it doesn't work. I disable this option for the moment.

Quote:
edit: btw does yamb really only pass the cmdl to mp4box or does it do some more things?
for the moment, it pass only the cmdl.