View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012, 04:28   #473  |  Link
djmasturbeat

@twan-
i see you commented in the avs2bdnxml, so i am curious if this tool is implemented in AVCHDCoder.
I don't see it listed in the tools that it uses, but avs2bdnxml is ideal to include as it is the only free subtitle tool to output subs in BD spec (it doesn't overflow the 4 MB buffer). I see other tools in your list including a commonly-used subtitle tool that does overflow the buffer (which will create flickering) because they make separate epochs for continuous-time/overlapping subs, and the epochs are too close together.
since we are already required avisynth, I hope it shouldn't be a problem other than not being able to use it in x64 rebuilds since I don't think there is a 64 bit compile of avs2bdnxml. [maybe for x64 bit builds there could still be the option to use avs2bdnxml by having that done in x86 in its own thread?... or whatever. I am by no means a programmer.]
I personally would use your tool but forfeit using x64 altogether if it was the only way to include avs2bdnxml.

so anyway, it gives me hope to start seeing a viable GUI solution for avs2bdnxml if you choose to include it.
or can you tell me how to use avs2bdnxml if it is already implemented?

thanks
djmasturbeat is offline   Reply With Quote