View Single Post
Old 7th June 2010, 15:09   #10095  |  Link
djloewen

I've got three things to add to this thread. The first appears to be a bug in the program. The second is apparently a problem that not everyone is having, but certainly I am. The third is a feature request.

1.) The bug:
On the Blu-Ray "Batman: Gotham Knight" there are four bonus episodes of "Batman: The Anmated Series". These are reported by eac3to as "480p24/1.001 (3:2) with pulldown flags", and the demuxed VC1 stream is 23.976fps. This is incorrect, and results in the video being played back at the wrong speed. DGindexNV correctly reports that it is 29.970, no pulldown, no interlacing.

100mb sample here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MKOFDA0W

2.) The problem:
I reported this initially in a separate thread, and in fact it's a little more widespread than I had thought. When I run eac3to on the Blu-Ray disc for "The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans", it lists 3 titles. So:

Code:
eac3to E:\
shows three titles, each with a number of streams.

Code:
eac3to E:\ 1)
does nothing. it draws a bunch of "-" characters as it scans the disc, then it returns me to the prompt.

Code:
eac3to E:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls
lists one title with a number of streams.

Code:
E:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls 1)
again, does nothing.

I am able to open/rip the m2ts files directly, bypassing the playlist files. However, there are two m2ts files in this case and I want eac3to to demux them as one file.

Since first discovering the problem with that one disc, I've encountered the exact same problem with the ~5min short film extras on two separate Pixar discs. In one case it's a single m2ts file (and so I've just demuxed that), for the others it's two or three. But in all cases, the playlist files just don't show the streams. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3.) The feature request:
I would personally find it very useful to be able to choose not a full stream/playlist, but just a range of chapters, and then demux the audio/video/subs for just that selection.