View Single Post
Old 6th June 2019, 16:11   #388  |  Link
Perenista

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariush View Post
Not saying it's not a bug but...

Any particular reason you're not just using 7zip or some other compression software to create a multi volume archive with NO compression (or super fast compression) and volume sizes the amount you want?
You can set each volume to something like 990 MB or 2950 MB or 4950 MB, allowing you to upload 15/5/3 segments totalling 14750-14850 MB

In addition to that, you also have the benefit of encrypting the contents of the archives even if they're packed with no compression..
I am uploading 15 GB parts to free Google Drive accounts (this is the limit). It's 4K content. They can be streamed or downloaded later and appended, to make a single file with whatever original size it was.

So it would make no sense to use WinRAR here, since I want the MKV to be streamed.

What I did was to convert the original disc into Matroska, then I added new tracks (one dubbing and 2 or 3 new subtitles). However I didn't save the 70 GB file again after adding those tracks. I simply added them for the upcoming task. But before hitting "Start multiplexing" I configured MKVToolnix to save into 15100 MB parts.

That's why the 70 GB file was saved into 5 others.

The issue I discovered here is that part 4 is saying "format don't match" and part 5 is missing the Atmos track while opening it in MKVToolnix.

Turns out that I will be able to append parts 1, 2 and 3, but part 4 (and 5) are impossible to be appended into this third movie.

For the 2nd movie the error is in part 5. Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 were appended successfully.

The bug consists of:

- While part 5 has the Atmos track inside the file, MKVToolnix is ignoring it exists, after opening.

- Part 4 from this 3rd movie is somehow messed and for an unknown reason can't be appended to parts 1-2-3.

Also: I installed a new SSD recently (2 days ago), and after that I formated and installed Windows 10-64 bit. Also checked the drive's health. So this isn't in any way some sort of system corruption.

Update:

Part 4 was appended now to the 1-3 file from the 3rd movie.

So the only bug that remains is the hidden Dolby Atmos track from part 5. The bug affected two movies by now, yet strangely leave one out of it.

Last edited by Perenista; 6th June 2019 at 17:31.
Perenista is offline   Reply With Quote