View Single Post
Old 5th June 2011, 21:29   #7924  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb Egorych View Post
Some words about new dithering setting. My display has "virtual 10-bit" panel (8-bit + FRC) but in madVR my best setting is 7-bit. It is the best tradeoff between noise and banding (used colors.ytp for the tests).
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
Sorry I kind of clarified my own question and edited it. How do I know whether my monitor wants 601 or 709 though? When I calibrate my monitor, it's done for photo editing (2.2 at 6500K) on an NEC EA231WMi.

There's actually a drop down option for BT 709 I just realized.

Should I assume to use BT 601 until I create my own profile for BT 709?
I don't really know for sure. 2.2 at 6500K is correct for both BT.601 and BT.709, I think? I'm not really the expert in this area, I'm always asking yesgrey for backup when such questions come up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrettH View Post
So do you have to change the BT space depending on the video you playback now? I just use EVR-CP for DVDs, but everything else with madvr varies
No, you shouldn't have to change anything depending on the video you playback. You should set up the display "properties" once and then forget about it. madVR should automatically perform all necessary conversions, depending on whether you play PAL, NTSC or HD content. madVR just wants to know what your display is calibrated to (or nearest to) so the conversions are done in the best possible way.

Last edited by madshi; 5th June 2011 at 21:31.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote