View Single Post
Old 20th January 2010, 23:55   #2039  |  Link
janos666

My hardwares: Q6600 @ 3600Mhz, Radeon HD 5850
My softwares: Windows 7 x64 with recent DX, VC, .NET, and msXML redists ; Catalyst 9.12 hotfix ; FFDShow_build3200_ilc10_x86 ; MPC-HC_build1.3.1249.0_x86 ; AviSynth 2.6alpha_090927 ; t3dlut v1.0, madvr v0.11

I unpacked madvr.zip to c:\Program Files (x86)\madvr and I registered it with the intall.bat file.

I can use the renderer and I can access it's settings. But I have some weird problems and confusing questions:

1: The Source resolution -> Monitor resolution resize looks like it using the nearest neighborhood method. Any 480p and 720p movies look ugly in full-screen mode. 1080p source (and when I rescale 720p to 1080p with FFDShow) is nice.

2: It would not load my 3dlut files. I used the equipped cr3dlut to create them and they are working with t3dlut. I copied them to the upper directory (which is the install directory) and I checked the "use 3dlut" box on the settings tab (and I can see the change in the settings.ini which showed up in the install directory). May be it would use "HD - Video" instead of "HD - PC", or I did not find out the correct filename. I do not know.

3: I can use t3dlut, and I can see a gamut converted image with madvr. (It is easy to tell with a wide-gamut display.) This is very odd because madvr should accept YV12 only and t3dlut has to output RGB32 only. There is a YUY2 stage before the gamut converted RGB32 so the output could not be YV12 anymore when I do not apply any further color space conversion (which I would not).

So, my questions:
- What is the trick with the input/output color space limitations?
- Where should they located and what should be the exact name for the 3dlut files?
- Is it a bug with the full-screen resize or is it a feature which would be added later? (I could read some full-screen related stuff in the readme...)

May be I will have enough CPU power for full-screen resize with FFDShow when madvr will handle the gamut conversion (t3dlut would eat my CPU, there is no free resource to do a software resize - mostly because mpchc.exe would not use more then 2 cores, not even when I set every filter to create 4 threads...).

And: Thanks for this renderer. I would be very happy with it when it will work as it meant to work.

Last edited by janos666; 21st January 2010 at 00:03.
janos666 is offline   Reply With Quote