View Single Post
Old 10th June 2005, 17:18   #23  |  Link
tsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg262
I believe you can't call the dust filters more than once in a script, which your filter presumably implicitly does... one workaround is to load the DLL twice and use the DLLName_FilterName syntax.
yes that explains why it produces garbage but it doesn't explain why it crash when the dll is loaded the first time when dynamic_cast is used because at that time the constructor is not called yet so there is no way dust knows it is called many times. It's really a shame such a good filter is programmed so "bad" (and the source code is not available).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leak
Ummm... I really wouldn't use MT with plugins that make important decisions by analyzing the whole image - if you're unlucky, you get one half of the image deinterlaced and the other weaved, or one halfs is matched forward and one matched backward, or one half is considered video and the other film etc...
You're right about that. If/when I succeed in making avisynth.dll threadsafe I will try to make an option to process two or more frames in parallel. So such filters can be used.
tsp is offline   Reply With Quote