View Single Post
Old 25th May 2004, 23:40   #471  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

No good results

Quote:
Originally posted by ursamtl
I've uploaded version 2 of MatrixMixerEmulator to the FTP server's incoming folder and also posted it at http://www.geocities.com/ursamtl.

This updates the entire signal path to L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs as per ITU standards. It's designed to work with Kelly Industries Bass Manager v0.5 and SIR 1.005.

I've also replaced the dummy SIR with a native Plogue delay line set to 8960 samples as per SIR 1.005 specs. I haven't tested it, but I imagine this will be less CPU and/or memory intensive than creating an extra instance of SIR just to compensate for the delay.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ursa
I did some testing today and I'm afraid I don't have good news.
The rears sounded terrible ! There was a definite delay, so bad that it sounded like echo !!
I will recheck all the settings, but I'm sure I got them right this morning.

In one of your previous mails here, (the long one) you made quite some comments about Ambisonics and that you want to achieve more separation. That's what we're working on too. SAD51inBidule gives at this moment better results than Matrixemulator !
Of course all IMHO, because I only tested with two tracks.

I will do some more tests ASAP to see if I can get rid of the echo in the rears. Perhaps it's just an overseen setting in your bidule or in the new Plogue version, but for now I was not impressed......

I take for granted that you tested it thoroughly, so maybe you can point me to what can be wrong ?

kind regards,

EoH