Old 22nd November 2012, 20:43   #987  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jq963152 View Post
Hello,

nice app!

Some suggestions/requests though:
(1) You can easily add "--level" to the advanced options, if you really need to enforce a specific Level. Most of the time it is recommended to simply let x264 set the most suitable Level for your footage.

(2) You can easily update the x264 binaries. Unless the new x264 build broke compatibility with the command-line interface (which usually doesn't happen), the GUI doesn't need to be updated. I upload new packages from time to time, but I can't create a new package for each x264 revision number.

(3) What about allowing additional "--tune" entries in the advanced options? I don't really like adding more controls to the configurations dialog. Especially because those two tunes that you might want to add additionally are not useful and not recommended for the great majority of the users (both, "zerolatency" and "fastdecode", strongly cripple the encoder settings for a highly specific purpose).

(4) Avisynth is considered a prerequisite for Simple x264 Launcher. After all this app was primarily written to use 32-Bit Avisynth with 64-Bit x264. So I won't remove the warning message, because a missing Avisynth means that a major feature of Simple x264 Launcher will be broken. But I'm planning to add VapourSynth support soon

(5) holygamer said it all. The "installer" is pretty much an SFX archive. To uninstall, use Ctrl+Del on the install folder

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 22nd November 2012 at 22:00.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote