View Single Post
Old 19th June 2010, 10:15   #10171  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
As far as I know, what you're outputting from eac3to is an OGG chapter format file. MKVToolnix refers to it as "simple" chapter format. DVDDecrypter refers to it as "Chapter Information - OGG".
Yes, that's also the conclusion I came to, when looking up OGG chapters yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeJoe View Post
I noticed you fixed this for HD-DVD in build 3.21 - thanks, this works well.

Is the patch specifically only for HD-DVD? Because the chapter points are almost always off by the 1001/1000 ratio for Blu-Ray also.
The patch is only for HD DVD right now, because the HD DVD spec clearly confirms your comments about how to interpret the XML chapter times. The Blu-Ray spec is quite different. It says:

"The mark_time_stamp shall point to a presentation-time in the interval from the IN_time until the OUT_time of the PlayItem referred to by the ref_to_PlayItem_id, measured in units of a 45kHz clock."

Doesn't sound to me as if I should do * 1.001, or what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEby View Post
I'm getting very odd results from "Mary and Max" The disk should have a DTS-HD track but the first run is yeilding this.
I've seen some cases where the main playlist was like "movie.m2ts + someVeryShortDummy.m2ts". In such cases often the dummy m2ts file has less audio/video tracks than the movie m2ts file. eac3to is able to handle this situation, it then automatically ignores the dummy m2ts file. However, in your case it seems that the playlist *starts* with a dummy m2ts file and ends with the real movie m2ts file. I've not seen this yet. Not sure why eac3to shows a wrong runtime in this case. I wouldn't have expected that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
Not sure why Madshi said no to this, as it already exists.

Code:
-progressnumbers
Yes, but that option is made specifically for GUIs. eac3to outputs one new line to the command window for every progress. I think ramicio wants a numerical indicator which updates itself in the same line, similar to what some other command tools are doing.