View Single Post
Old 20th December 2011, 18:16   #18  |  Link
nhope
partially-informed layman

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
Not true
I think you may have misread my message, or I wasn't clear enough. I meant the default resolution when someone clicks the full screen symbol at the bottom right of a video. It appears to be controlled by this YouTube setting, which is off by default:

Of course if you have great bandwidth and are in a more developed part of the world, you may well get HD anyway at full screen. Here in Thailand we were getting 480p at full screen until checking that box. By the way the link you gave me was for a YouTube video to fill the browser, not the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
I wouldn't do a nnedi3 upsize after QTGMC deinterlace. It adds a too "antialiased" look (nnedi3 twice). You can either use a different resizer or try the lossless/sourcematch feature of QTGMC although by doing the latter your script would get really slow... ...I would do most of the sharpening inside QTGMC too
I take your point about 2 x NNEDI3. Aren't lossless/sourcematch/sharpening going to be rather wasted in QTGMC because that detail would be somewhat lost in the subsequent upscale from 720x576 to 984x720? I thought I should be doing sharpening after upscaling?

Quote:
Since footage is mostly underwater I think it would benefit from the dither tools in order to help soothe quantization banding, and upload an already h.264 encoded file rather than lossless file, although I doubt you did this. By some reason at low quality encodes it seems to retain more quality a h.264HQ->h.264LQ than lossless->h.264LQ.
Actually I did upload a crf18 x264 file (I put the upscaled UT-video clip back on my timeline to add the text, then rendered out in MeGUI). What dither tools do you mean?
nhope is offline   Reply With Quote