View Single Post
Old 5th June 2011, 18:58   #7897  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
No problem at all. Just find someone who makes ffdshow accept that hacked YV16/24 data from avisynth and convert it to a proper 16bit format. That solution would work right away with the next madVR version.
righty, sounds like a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
madVR v0.62 released
OMG, the changes list is giving headaches

I'll run many tests again, but I'm afraid to really need that "upload frames in render thread" option on my XPSP3/8800GS combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alph@ View Post
leepery, you must be the only who uses a crt display
surely....me and pretty much all the bluray mastering houses that is: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post14066458

SmoothL() will prolly make an improvement on any true 8bit display as well, just not 6bit dithered(like all those cheapo LCD displays).

The day LCD will provide infinite native contrast ratio(my Eye One calibrations on LG Flatron CRT's -the most advanced consumer flat CRT's- usually state 300000:1 native CR), I'll be happy to finally upgrade. There's a french website that ran benchmarks on some forthcoming new models from LG(here and there), it seems that this day will finally occur soon...but these models will be scarily expensive, so I'll give it another year or two to settle down.

The latest offerings from SONY carry 4000:1 native CR(no bs dynamic CR, and dead smooth 24p too). That'll be my next upgrade path I think, waiting from those killer LG's to become affordable.

Last edited by leeperry; 5th June 2011 at 19:01.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote