View Single Post
Old 8th June 2015, 21:33   #30870  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
I get that, is it or can it be available as a shader for MPC/MPCHC?
Technically not possible right now, because custom shaders are not flexible/powerful enough to run Shiandow's deband. At some point in the future, that should be possible, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
And I can't stress enough, please editable boxes instead of only two buttons that move by 0.01 or other small step that is not perceptible and takes forever to move the value from 0.00 to 1.00. I've tried ctrl+click, shift+click but nothing seems to increase the step.
Of course my plan is to get rid of the edit boxes altogether and just offer low/medium/high. I could allow the edit boxes to be edited, but it's not that simple, then I also must parse the text and complain if the format isn't correct etc. So some extra work involved there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
If you want people to test one thing, you need to give them one thing, and one thing only. By adding all the features at once to madVR, you will spark their interest. They are not going to stop testing all the toys and just focus on one at a time.
You're right. Introducing one new feature at a time would have been better for feedback. But it is what it is now. For debanding the concentrated feedback effort did work, more or less. So I'll try my luck with the other algos, too, separately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
for example you can easily move superres sharping to one of the sharpening filter when the sharpening from superres is not what you want.

i have AR on 1.0 in general i haven't found any issue with it at this setting what so ever. and even jinc3 LL AR looked totally fine.
I'm wondering: Do you still need madVR's anti-ringing filter if you use SuperRes with AR processing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecurityBunny View Post
Sure thing. On stand-by.
Ok, here's a test build somewhere between v0.88.8 and v0.88.9. You said the problem started with v0.88.9, right? Please let me know if this test build fills the queues like v0.88.8 did, or not.

http://madshi.net/madVR889test1.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarank View Post
I agree. You asked the users to specifically focus on debanding first, and finally after all the feedbacks, the three presets could be finalized as you intended. I think the same approach should be followed for each algo.

I haven’t had the time to test the sharpening and refinement algos. I will be doing some extensive testing by this weekend and post my feedback soon. However, if we focus on just one algo at a time, it will need less time to do the testing and I wouldn’t have to wait for the weekend to come.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufkrawall View Post
nevcairiel is kinda right. I already did SuperRes and Finesharp tests for myself weeks ago.
Now my interest got somewhat low.
But I'll post some cartoon comparisons this week.

What I remember:
high error upscaling quality can look better, but hard to say if it's worth the extra resources.
SuperRes for chroma gives undesired results, vanishes contours.
SuperRes for luma is great, image can look much sharper with almost no artifacts introduced (with the correct settings).
NNEDI is still worse than NNEDI3, also with SuperRes (introduces visible aliasing).
I find FineSharp more natural than Lumasharpen. Problem with sharp sources could be solved to some degree if we had a deblock pass first.
Deblocking will probably come, but rather later than sooner.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote