View Single Post
Old 24th May 2012, 16:43   #891  |  Link
Pawpcorn

good luck! and a couple suggestions

Well, I would certainly want to wish you god luck on this project! I use BDSup2Sub every week to resolve a 1080p subtitle into PAL DVD 720 x 576 format, and adjust VOB subtitle sizes and positioning.

If you could also figure out how to show which color blocks ("color 1", "color 3" for example) were assigned to the Character, Outline, and Background... And give us the ability to reassign it, that would be fantastic.

Every week I create a DVD movie for my Thai students, with dual subtitles... And often the color block assignments are in conflict (such as the same color block being used for Character on one subtitle, and Outline, on the other).

This kind of color block cross asignment cannot be fixed in PgcEdit, but thoretically can be fixed using SubtitleCreator.

The problem THERE is that development on SC ended in 2008, and (using Windows7 and Thai VOB (idx/sub) subtitles in) SC often trashes some of the graphic subtitles.

Subtitle creator also crashes if fed a 1080p subtitle.

Anyway... Good Luck!!!! BDSup2Sub is an invaluable tool, and if you could duplicate its functions (and maybe add a couple new features such as I suggested above) I'm sure you would have many grateful users!

Take care,
Pawpcorn
Pawpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote