View Single Post
Old 19th August 2017, 20:36   #3  |  Link
manolito

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
With the help of timecodes and indexes in container, a detected corrupt audio frame can be replaced with the previous one or silenced.
Seems is like ProjectX work .
I don't know a tool than work at this level with DVB-T2 captures (TS container also?)
My XORO receiver saves the clips in an MTS container. But I usually process it first with TSDoctor which converts it into TS.

The weird thing is that these audio dropouts are present in the recorded MTS file, but watching the TV content directly then I hear no dropouts. I use the analog TV input so the receiver has to decode audio to analog on the fly. Looks like the receiver tries to repair the dropouts in this case, but not when playing the recorded file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51 View Post
At this level is when a audio editor can repair it.
There are some tools inside editors than can help (Click Removal in Audacity, etc.), but not always 100% accurate.
Since I always convert audio to WAV first (for cutting in StaxRip via VDubMod) this would probably be my workflow. I do have a couple of WAV editors (WaveLab, Audacity, Acoustica, Adobe Audition) installed plus some older VST plugin packs (mainly the Waves plugins), but so far the declickers have not worked for these dropouts. The closest I got so far was automatic silence detection, then manually fix the glitches. But this does take a lot of time...

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 19th August 2017 at 20:40.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote